Impac Dublin Award
The shortlist included:
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
- In Zodiac Light by Robert Edric
- Settlement by Christoph Hein
- The Believers by Zoë Heller
- Netherlands by Joseph O’Neill
- God’s Own Country by Ross Raisin
- Home by Marilynne Robinson
The IMPAC Dublin Award began in 1996 with the objective to promote excellence in world literature. The nominees are selected by public library systems from around the world. This year’s award comes with a €100,000 prize to be split 75/25 between the author and David Colmer, who translated the book from the original Dutch.
Previous winners of the award include Javier Marías, Herta Müller, Michel Houllebecq, Ohran Pamuk, Colm Tóibín, and Per Pettersen. That’s a pretty impressive pedigree for an award that is only fourteen years old.